(March 2022) In conversation with Len and Cass Arcuri of Autism Parenting Secrets, the topic is sensory processing integration and how parents can learn to address a child’s unmet sensory needs. This is Episode #93, Part 1. Click here to listen.
(April 2022) Chat with Veronica Hunter of ADHD – What Now? Up to 40% of children with ADHD also have sensory processing differences. ADHD and SPD are “look-alike” conditions, because of similar symptoms such as inattention and constant activity. Here are some tips for telling the difference. Click here to watch the video.
(February 2022) Interview with Penny Williams in the “Decoding Behavior” Summit, sponsored by The Behavior Revolution. This 2022 Parenting ADHD & Autism International Summit offers top insights and strategies to address behavior with compassion, grounded in brain science, and honoring neurodiversity.
Click here to use my affiliate link to purchase a Fast Pass, which will last forever.
(February 2022) Conversation with Jackie Flynn, the host of Play Therapy Community podcast. The discussion is one of the “Brain & Body” sessions at the 3rd Annual Innovative Child Therapy Symposium. The symposium’s categories include:
- What We Say and How We Say It Matters
- Play and Expressive Arts Therapies
- Support for Child Therapists
- Child Therapy Tips and Techniques
- Brain and Body
Click here to use Carol’s affiliate link to get unlimited access to the entire library of 50+ experts.
(February 2022) Conversation with Stephanie Pitts and Rachel Kapp, two educational therapists in southern California. This is Episode 195 in the Author Series on their Learn Smarter Podcast, which helps parents understand their children’s learning challenges.
Click here to listen.
- Growing an In-Sync Child: Simple, Fun Activities to Help Every Child Develop, Learn and Grow
- In-Sync Activity Card Book: Simple, Fun Activities to Help Children Develop, Learn and Grow
- The Goodenoughs Get in Sync: 5 Family Members Overcome Their Special Sensory Issues
- The Out-of-Sync Child Grows Up: Coping with SPD in the Adolescent and Young Adult Years
- The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun: Activities for Kids with SPD
- The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Differences
Follow us on Facebook
“The Out-of-Sync Child has become the parents’ bible to [Sensory Processing Disorder].”
The New York Times
“Warm and wise, [The Out-of-Sync Child] will bring both hope and practical help to parents who wonder why their kid doesn’t ‘fit in.’ ”
Jane M. Healy Learning specialist and author of Your Child’s Growing Mind
“[The Out-of-Sync Child] is great! It is a real contribution to the parents of the many children who are so hard to understand. It will let parents off the hook of blaming themselves… and will help them get on to the job of addressing the child’s underlying difficulties.”
T. Berry Brazelton, MD Founder, Brazelton Foundation, Children’s Hospital, Boston