Published November 29, 2017, on www.Healthline.com The medical community is split over whether SPD should be an official diagnosis, but parents of children with the condition say it’s all too real.
Published May 19, on bustle.com. Jenny Hollander explains Dyspraxia, a.k.a. Developmental Coordination Disorder. Many clumsy folks have underlying sensory issues that affect how they respond to sensations of touch and movement. Read more
Published in ADDitude: Strategies and Support for ADHD & LD, Winter 2016.
Put sensory problems to rest with these quick “tuneups” that can help kids with ADHD and SPD regroup after becoming overloaded.
Published September 30, on www.ParentMap.com.
Kranowitz gives readers a new term to love: extrasensory grace, which “arrives when individuals with SPD learn to love their quirky selves and discover what they are meant to do and do well.”Read more
Published October 6, on Sentio Life Solutions, Special Needs Book Review
Are YOU the parents of a teen with sensory processing disorder, SPD? Are you constantly asking yourself, worrying and wondering if your child as he approaches adulthood will struggle with his sensory issues forever? What could you, his parents, do to help him develop well enough to function smoothly in daily life as an adult? The team at Special Needs Book Review highly recommends The Out-of-Sync Child Grows Up.
- Growing an In-Sync Child: Simple, Fun Activities to Help Every Child Develop, Learn and Grow
- In-Sync Activity Card Book: Simple, Fun Activities to Help Children Develop, Learn and Grow
- The Goodenoughs Get in Sync: 5 Family Members Overcome Their Special Sensory Issues
- The Out-of-Sync Child Grows Up: Coping with SPD in the Adolescent and Young Adult Years
- The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun: Activities for Kids with SPD
- The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder
“The Out-of-Sync Child has become the parents’ bible to [Sensory Processing Disorder].”
The New York Times
“Warm and wise, [The Out-of-Sync Child] will bring both hope and practical help to parents Continue Reading
Jane M. Healy Learning specialist and author of Your Child’s Growing Mind
“[The Out-of-Sync Child] is great! It is a real contribution to the parents of the Continue Reading
T. Berry Brazelton, MD Founder, Brazelton Foundation, Children’s Hospital, Boston